Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Query time out happenning from a web application
Query time out happenning from a web application [message #62128] Mon, 28 June 2004 20:44 Go to next message
Shibaji Ghosh
Hello,

I am connecting to an Oracle instance from a web based application. After sometime I am witnessing a query time out from Oracle happenning. The connection is still there, but the querty is no longer executed.

Can anyone tell me what steps should I follow to diagnose the problem, apart from looking at the alert log file.

Thanks in advance,
Shibaji

Re: Query time out happenning from a web application [message #62129 is a reply to message #62128] Mon, 28 June 2004 21:58 Go to previous message
Anatol Ciolac
You have not other choise. You MUST to look in the alert.log file,bdump directory, udump directory, to see if oracle stil keeps your session, to see if application return any error for detecting a cause of this enormous behavior. If there are any error in process of executing your query - you will find description of them in described sources(for resolving problem you must to find cause). When you will find a error - post them to this forum.
Previous Topic: Oracle 9i Database memory problem.
Next Topic: Automatic Startup of Oracle Service in Win XP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:24:45 CDT 2024