Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Strange problem connecting on Windows 2000
Strange problem connecting on Windows 2000 [message #61519] Fri, 30 April 2004 13:38 Go to next message
Wendy Hopper
I have just been assigned to try to do testing on a Windows 2000 machine.   Oracle 8.1.7 had already been installed and an instance 'abc' existed.    Something weird is going on and I'm sure it is a configuration problem, but I can't figure out where.  When I am at a command prompt and perform set ORACLE_SID=abc, and then try to connect to db, I receive the common 12560 error.  HOWEVER, when I type sqlplus user/pwd@ abc I am able to connect fine.   The service is set up in tnsnames.ora and listener.ora.  Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips they can share?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Strange problem connecting on Windows 2000 [message #61539 is a reply to message #61519] Tue, 04 May 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bernie Anderson
I have this problem all the time, sometimes and I stress only sometimes! setting the sqlnet.ora parameter NAMES.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES to = (NONE)e.g. NAMES.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE) works I do not know why it does not always work I suspect it is something to do with windows security.
HTH.
Bernie
Re: Strange problem connecting on Windows 2000 [message #61558 is a reply to message #61539] Wed, 05 May 2004 04:37 Go to previous message
Wendy Hopper
Thanks. I have tried that with no luck. I am connecting to the server using Windows Remote Desktop Connection. Oracle has told me that is the reason for my problem. Thanks for your feedback. It's much appreciated.
Previous Topic: twice
Next Topic: Can we use the swap area /tmp ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:29:50 CDT 2024