Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » v$bh - What it stands for ?
v$bh - What it stands for ? [message #61491] Thu, 29 April 2004 00:26 Go to next message
IA
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know what v$bh view stands for.

Also, how can we use this view effectively and get some performance stats out of it.

Many Thanks .... IA
Re: v$bh - What it stands for ? [message #61492 is a reply to message #61491] Thu, 29 April 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

V$BH view will give u detail including size abt all the objects which are cached in ur db buffers.

Through this info u can decide which segment to place in which buffer and wht should be the size of that buffer. And by this u can increase the hit ratio by properly configuring diff buffer pools of appropriate sizes.

Daljit Singh
Re: v$bh - What it stands for ? [message #61504 is a reply to message #61492] Thu, 29 April 2004 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IA
Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply.

In this case, can I issue the following query to find out what segments are currently being accessed?

select de.segment_name
from dba_extents de, v$bh bh
where de.block_id = bh.block#
and de.file_id = bh.file#;

I ran this code, but it gives me no rows! I am not sure why this would be the case, because I have applications running and accessing tables in the database at the point I ran the query.

Any ideas?

Thanks ... IA
Re: v$bh - What it stands for ? [message #61507 is a reply to message #61504] Thu, 29 April 2004 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anatol Ciolac
I am running this query on my database and give rows. Try yet once to run query. Generally if you have some rows in v$bh, then this query must to return rows.
Re: v$bh - What it stands for ? [message #61509 is a reply to message #61507] Thu, 29 April 2004 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Use the following stuff :

select obj.OBJECT_NAME,count(v$bh.BLOCK#) from v$bh, dba_objects obj
where
obj.OBJECT_ID = v$bh.OBJD
group by obj.OBJECT_NAME;

Daljit Singh.
Re: v$bh - What it stands for ? [message #61533 is a reply to message #61509] Mon, 03 May 2004 17:19 Go to previous message
IA
Hi Daljit,

I ran your query in production, yet still now rows. I am certain many applications are running at the point in time when I run your script.

Still not sure why this query does'nt capture any rows ... because looking at it, it should.

Thanks again ... IA
Previous Topic: Extents
Next Topic: ORA-12631 Error on 9i running under Win2K Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:26:43 CDT 2024