Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » migrate from oracle 8i to 9i
migrate from oracle 8i to 9i [message #61237] Tue, 06 April 2004 14:09 Go to next message
gulshan
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for giving the reply of my last query.

I have another query relating to the previous one. I copied the directories of my database (which was created on oracle 8i) to another system. My system was crash. I have oracle 9i installed on this new system. I have stored the backup in the same directory. Then i have created the service and startup the database. Database started up with a few errors relating to the deprecated parameters. All the users that i previously had are shown in perfectly. But when i queried by connecting with a different user. It gives error :--

The table or view does not exist.

and suggest me to run pupbld.sql by connecting as SYSTEM.

Then I run the script. But the result was same.

When I migrate it to oracle 9i by using (Data Migration Assistant). It give me an error :--

Cannot upgrade. The selected database is already an Oracle 9.0.1 database.

But my database is Oracle 8.1.5.

What to do in this situation. Please suggest me.

Thanks.
Re: migrate from oracle 8i to 9i [message #61238 is a reply to message #61237] Tue, 06 April 2004 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Hi,
as I mentioned in the earlier post,you will first need to install 8i on the new system and make sure your 8i database is recovered Ok and functioning properly. Once this out of the way, you can then proceed to migrate to 9i using the database migration assistant or export/import.

You got those errors becos you were trying to open the 8i database with 9i binaries,without having gone through migration process.

-Thiru
Re: migrate from oracle 8i to 9i [message #61314 is a reply to message #61237] Tue, 13 April 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abhijit D Thorat
hello sir
my self Abhijit D Thorat working as oracle DBA
my company want to migrate data from oracle
8i(8.7.1) to oracle 9i plz help me by sending the
step of migration sir plz sent details step so that i
will not get problem we are using window's 2000 server
ibm server plz send as soon as possible

abhijit
Re: migrate from oracle 8i to 9i [message #62121 is a reply to message #61314] Sun, 27 June 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak
i will give you my mail id plz mail me if u get some resources.please help me in the same.
deepakocpdba@yahoo.co.uk
Re: migrate from oracle 8i to 9i [message #62144 is a reply to message #62121] Tue, 29 June 2004 20:09 Go to previous message
bsraj
hai

use the oracle 9i feature for migration from 8i to 9i
from the start menu ,go to oracle snapin
in there itself you can able to find the migration assistant or tool.

bye
Previous Topic: please help me. performance problem
Next Topic: 8.1.7 instance hangs during startup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:13:04 CDT 2024