Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Import data to exiting data tablespace
Import data to exiting data tablespace [message #61029] Sun, 21 March 2004 21:27 Go to next message
Louis
First, I export the whole database data into a specified dmp file.

Then, I import the dmp file into the database.

I got the error information like "The object has already existed and can't be created".

So the table data can't be updated. Do you have any solution to resolve this issue?

export par:

FULL=y
compress=y
buffer=40960000
grants=y
constraints=y
file=oragis02.dmp
log=oragis02.log

import par:

FULL=y
buffer=40960000
grants=y
constraints=y
file=oragis02.dmp
log=oragis02.log
Re: Import data to exiting data tablespace [message #61030 is a reply to message #61029] Sun, 21 March 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anatol Ciolac
See the documentation(or try 'imp help=y'). Here are a parameter 'ignore'. Set them ignore=y and imp will ignore errors due to existing of objects.
Re: Anatol Ciolac [message #61032 is a reply to message #61030] Sun, 21 March 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Louis
I want all will be correct. I can drop all thing, if it is possible.

IGNORE
Default: n

Specifies how object creation errors should be handled. If you accept the default, IGNORE=n, Import logs or displays object creation errors before continuing.

If you specify IGNORE=y, Import overlooks object creation errors when it attempts to create database objects, and continues without reporting the errors.

Note that only object creation errors are ignored; other errors, such as operating system, database, and SQL errors, are not ignored and may cause processing to stop.

In situations where multiple refreshes from a single export file are done with IGNORE=y, certain objects can be created multiple times (although they will have unique system-defined names). You can prevent this for certain objects (for example, constraints) by doing an import with CONSTRAINTS=n. If you do a full import with the CONSTRAINTS=n, no constraints for any tables are imported.

If a table already exists and IGNORE=y, then rows are imported into existing tables without any errors or messages being given. You might want to import data into tables that already exist in order to use new storage parameters or because you have already created the table in a cluster.

If a table already exists and IGNORE=n, then errors are reported and the table is skipped with no rows inserted. Also, objects dependent on tables, such as indexes, grants, and constraints, will not be created.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caution:
When you import into existing tables, if no column in the table is uniquely indexed, rows could be duplicated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Import data to exiting data tablespace [message #61033 is a reply to message #61030] Sun, 21 March 2004 23:24 Go to previous message
pavan kashyap
just add the parameter ignore='y' to the above parameter list,
this ignores all the created objects.
Previous Topic: No SQL-Prompt
Next Topic: What is the release date for 10g on Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:51:50 CDT 2024