Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Installing Oracle9i from the Hard Drive
Installing Oracle9i from the Hard Drive [message #60193] Thu, 22 January 2004 09:28 Go to next message
Vinny75
I am trying to install Oracle 9i on a remote box. In order to do that,I would like to copy the contents of the installation software (3 Disks) on my local box and then mount this software installation folder. This way I could login to my remote box and access the software installation folder mount point and complete the installation.

If I FTP (Ws_FTP) the files from my CDROM to my local unix box, execute permission is being stripped out from all files. Is there a way we can transfer files into unix without changing the permission attributes?

Thanks
Re: Installing Oracle9i from the Hard Drive [message #60194 is a reply to message #60193] Thu, 22 January 2004 10:04 Go to previous message
Sanjay Bajracharya
We also did something nearly same. All the disks are local. And BTW, it is very fast during install as the local access is MUCH MUCH faster than reading off a CD or going across the network.

Here is the trick.

1. Copy all CD to local hard disk.
2. Zip up to say 3 files for 3 CD's.
3. FTP 3 files
4. Unzip the files. (you need to have unzip installed in the other end).
5. Do the same for the patch.

Good luck.

--
Sanjay
Previous Topic: reorganization a sys table
Next Topic: Recommendation for "Processes" entry in init.ora
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:18:52 CDT 2024