Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Export Issues
Export Issues [message #59914] Sat, 03 January 2004 12:57 Go to next message
scott
Hello,

Following what Mahesh said I planned on exporting my RMAN database daily night. To start off I tried something like this

C:....BIN>EXP NOCTURNAL/exp0712@DBRMAN FULL=Y DIRECT=Y FILE=E:EXPORTSDBRMANEXP01032004.DMP
LOG=E:EXPORTSDBRMANEXP01032004.LOG

and it works.

Is there anything missing in my script and the next question is

Is there anyway I could pass the date part in EXP01032004 dynamically. I am going to run this as an OS script at night.

Thanks

Scott
Re: Export Issues [message #59918 is a reply to message #59914] Sun, 04 January 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
export tool doesnt have any such functionality.
you have to write an OS batch script (shell or windows whatever is urs) to do this.
assign a varible with systemdate
and concat it to the exportted dump filename.
now with this strategy you will generating a new dump file every day ( with a new name)
then comes the pain of retention policies of the exported dumps ( how long you want to have it ).
ideally, generate the dump file with the same name daily, and archive the exported dump daily with ur regular OS backup strategies.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 March 2006 08:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export Issues [message #59922 is a reply to message #59914] Sun, 04 January 2004 06:09 Go to previous message
Thiru
I generally add

COMPRESS=N CONSISTENT=Y FEEDBACK=10000

to the export backups.

For passing date to export filenames,you could use Sql to generate the export command like this

set echo off
set feedback off
set heading off
set term off
spool test_export.bat
select 'exp thiru/thiru file=thiru_'||to_char(sysdate,'DDMMYY')||'.dmp'||' rows=n' from dual;
spool off
host export.bat
exit

Alternate soln:
For dynamic export filenames,have a look here
Dynamixc export filename

HTH
Thiru
Previous Topic: oracle9iodbc error
Next Topic: question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:39:54 CDT 2024