Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Cross Platform Scheduling
Cross Platform Scheduling [message #59689] Tue, 16 December 2003 06:53 Go to next message
portia
We are in the planning process of moving a major application from the mainframe OS/390 platform to a Red Hat Linux Advance Server 2i platform. We need a job scheduler that can send and receive information from both platforms. Is Oracle JobScheduler capable of obtaining of this information? If so, how? If not, is there another product that is capable of fullfilling our needs?

We will be using Oracle 9i Release 2. I have found information for Oracle Scheduler for Oracle Database 10g, but I can't find information for a scheduler using Oracle 9i release 2.

Thanks
Re: Cross Platform Scheduling [message #59690 is a reply to message #59689] Tue, 16 December 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
[i]We need a job scheduler that can send and receive information from both platforms[/i]

if this information is residing in the oracle databases across the platforms, you can do it.

Re: Cross Platform Scheduling [message #59691 is a reply to message #59689] Tue, 16 December 2003 07:37 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
how?
use database links to talk to the other databases ( between the databases in different platforms).
use dbms_job to schedule the job in any of the database u want..

Previous Topic: restore database in different file system
Next Topic: Deadlock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:31:58 CDT 2024