Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Assertion failed: !(fgets(hardwareAddr, ............
Assertion failed: !(fgets(hardwareAddr, ............ [message #59350] Thu, 13 November 2003 02:49 Go to next message
Anjali
Hi,

I am getting the following error. My application connects to Oracle database
"
The fork function failed. Too many processes already exist.
sh: The fork function failed. Too many processes already exist.
Assertion failed: !(fgets(hardwareAddr, (STRLEN-1), fstream) == NULL), file snlui.c, line 1210
VISThread::_start: unhandled exception in thread
Exception: CORBA::OBJECT_NOT_EXIST
Minor: 0
Completion Status: NO
"

Is this problem some how related to Oracle? Please advise.
Re: Assertion failed: !(fgets(hardwareAddr, ............ [message #59355 is a reply to message #59350] Thu, 13 November 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sachin kumar gupta
Hi,
I don't know the exact problem from the information u provided.
Let me know whether ur database server is in shared or dedicated mode.
Accordingly u may have to increase no. of processes/sessions/dispatchers in ur parameter file.
Also check whether listener is running on Oracle side. If it is stopped & u r unable to start the listener it means that the previous processes on the port are still running whether the listener wants to connect.

Regards,
Sachin
Re: Assertion failed: !(fgets(hardwareAddr, ............ [message #59369 is a reply to message #59350] Thu, 13 November 2003 11:21 Go to previous message
Thiru
What OS ?

It looks like you have run out of process limit or file handles at the OS level.

Few months ago, I had a similar problem with one of our Sun Servers ,but fixed it by adjusting Solaris kernel parameters. Immediate resolution would be to kill ALL "unwanted" processes/sessions on your Server.
Previous Topic: Max File Size In Autoextend Is Out Of Range
Next Topic: Re: how to do Incremental Export through export command ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:26:27 CDT 2024