Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » 9i DB Creation ORA-01031/01017 username pasword issue
9i DB Creation ORA-01031/01017 username pasword issue [message #59342] Wed, 12 November 2003 18:32 Go to next message
LT
Hi All

This is error 2 that I received during my 9i installation on a new server. If your interested in the forst error please see the previous message 'Max File Size In Autoextend Out Of Range'.

I have installed a 9i db on a brand new server. Details are as follows:

Database Creation Info
======================
Windows 2000. HP DL 380 G3 Dual 3.06 Zeon Processors
9i Enterprise Edition DB Release 9.0.1.1.1
Custom Installation of 'New' Database
Dedicated Server
Typical Installation Multipurpose DB

After starting the db creation and receiving the first error I chose to ignore and continue. I then received the following error when the db creation got down to the 'ultra search - OLAP Services' section....

ORA-01031 Insufficient Privelages
ORA-01017 Invalid Username Password Logon Denied

I cant for the life of me understand why as I havent changed any password information yet. I chose to ignore the errors and move on as I assume that it is something to do with either OLAP or Ultra Search.

Any ideas?

Also, this is even weirder I think. When the DB Creation had finished I was preented with the db information and advised that all users had been locked apart from sys and system and prompted to go in and change the sys/system pw information which I did. However, it appears to have changed the password for sys but not for system. Bizarre! Any ideas. Also when logging into SQLPLUS as sys, I use the old 8i convention of logging in like...

connect sys/password@database

In 9i it tell me that sys should connect as sysdba and doesnt let me go any further. Anyone know why this is? I have another error which I will post as a seperate item after this.

Thanks.

Windows 2000. HP
Re: 9i DB Creation ORA-01031/01017 username pasword issue [message #59353 is a reply to message #59342] Thu, 13 November 2003 03:18 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator

After starting the db creation and receiving the first error I chose to ignore and continue. I then received the following error when the db creation got down to the 'ultra search - OLAP Services' section....

a clean installlation is always required.
first fix the 'first error' and then continue

Previous Topic: ARCH files extension
Next Topic: Restore-archive redo log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:19:53 CDT 2024