Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Max File Size In Autoextend Is Out Of Range
Max File Size In Autoextend Is Out Of Range [message #59341] Wed, 12 November 2003 18:14 Go to next message
LT
Dear All

I wonder if there are any clever people out there who can give me a hand.

I have a brand new server and have installed Oracle 9i on there. I am running 8i on an old server but plan to export the 8i db over to the new 9i server.

During my 9i installation I recevied the following problems. I really need to know why before I import my database.....

Database Creation Info
======================
Windows 2000. HP DL 380 G3 Dual 3.06 Zeon Processors
9i Enterprise Edition DB Release 9.0.1.1.1
Custom Installation of 'New' Database
Dedicated Server
Typical Installation Multipurpose DB

The Errors
==========
I changed some information for the tablespaces in the database configuration assistant. The changes I made are as follows:

USERS - changed name, datafile name, file size to 5000mb

TOOLS - changed file size to 12mb

INDEX - Changed name, datafile name, file size to 3000mb

TEMP - changed file size to 2000mb.

When the database creation commenced I received the following errors which I have ignored through.

"Maximum File Size In Autoextend Is Out of Range. Ignore? Abort?"

I chose to ignore and continue with the installation.

Can anyone help me with this? It may seam trivial but I just cant understand why, reason being that I have created numerous 8i clone databases in exactly the same mannor using the same tablespace information and have never ever had a problem. Why now with 9i and how do I resolve. I am sure you will understand that I dont want to go ahead with my data load until this is finished.

I also had other errors with the installation. If you are interested in maybe helping out with them then have a look. I have listed them all as seperate items.

Regards... LT
Re: Max File Size In Autoextend Is Out Of Range [message #59352 is a reply to message #59341] Thu, 13 November 2003 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
The maximum file size for an autoextendable file has exceeded the maximum number of blocks allowed.
so add another datafile to the concerned tablespace
Re: Max File Size In Autoextend Is Out Of Range [message #59368 is a reply to message #59341] Thu, 13 November 2003 11:13 Go to previous message
Thiru
What was your MAXSIZE for the autoextend datafiles ?
Whats your db blocksize?
Previous Topic: Listener starting problem
Next Topic: Assertion failed: !(fgets(hardwareAddr, ............
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:20:55 CDT 2024