Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Speed boosting
Speed boosting [message #59253] Thu, 06 November 2003 03:25 Go to next message
NEPAL
I have a server with SCSI HDD and it is working properly and we have LAN too..
Data execution is really slow after mid day from the Server when it is tried from Client....... I have increased sort_area_size and shall I increase Shared_pool too? to increase in the Speed ?
Hope to get help soon..
Yours,
Joinnepal
Re: Speed boosting [message #59254 is a reply to message #59253] Thu, 06 November 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

It is true that shared pool play major role in performance, but in ur case it is tough to say exactly why it is performing slow bcz u have not supplied enough info abt ur system.

u may have to configure shared pool if the hit ratio of sql/plsql statements are low. and if there r frequent cache miss occurs then u have to configure the buffer pool too. but it doesn't mean that only configuring shared/buffer pool will sort ur problem.
just check at the time any batch process is running or any other operation which is consuming too much cpu and getting the entire system down.

If u r working with remote database then just check the network speed too.

just give enough info so that we can help u out.
Re: Speed boosting [message #59274 is a reply to message #59253] Fri, 07 November 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Maybe you are starting some batch process/reporting query after mid day? Look at your queries and try to tune them before increasing Instance/session parameters.
Re: Speed boosting [message #60607 is a reply to message #59253] Wed, 18 February 2004 19:01 Go to previous message
nabin
I want to speed of my internet so plz advice me as soon as possible
Previous Topic: Ora-01092 error
Next Topic: nls session parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:44:25 CDT 2024