Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » OUI alert installing Oracle 9i on HP Tru64
OUI alert installing Oracle 9i on HP Tru64 [message #59058] Sun, 26 October 2003 07:13 Go to next message
Faffo
Hi.

I have to install Oracle Server 9.2.0.1.0.

I completed all the check for the requirements. Before runInstaller I started the script InstallPrep.sh and the result is Ok.

I have set all the required environment variables (ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME) so I don't have to specify them during installation.

The software is on a location in the file system (Disk1, Disk2, Disk3, Disk4).

I run runInstaller and everything is ok.

But when I submit the form where I have to specify Source Location and Destination (every path exists), the error is
"** Alert: There was a problem in accessing the staging area. Please make sure the specified values for 'Source' and 'Destination' are valid.***".

I verify that path specified in oraparam.ini exists (this is the content:

[[Oracle]]
DISTRIBUTION=TRUE
SOURCE=../../stage/products.jar
LICENSE_LOCATION=
JRE_LOCATION=../../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.3.1.0.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded
OUI_LOCATION=../../stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.2.0.12.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded
JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=" -mx500m"
DEFAULT_HOME_LOCATION=
DEFAULT_HOME_NAME=OUIHome
NO_BROWSE=/net
BOOTSTRAP_SIZE=55
NLS_ENABLED=TRUE
BOOTSTRAP=TRUE
OUI_VERSION=2.2.0.11.0

[[IMAGES]]
FILE1=images/o9i_1.gif
FILE2=images/o9i_2.gif
FILE3=images/o9i_3.gif
FILE4=images/o9i_4.gif
FILE5=images/o9i_5.gif
FILE6=images/o9i_6.gif
FILE7=images/o9i_7.gif
FILE8=images/o9i_8.gif

Can you tell me what's wrong?

Thank you.

Fabio
Re: OUI alert installing Oracle 9i on HP Tru64 [message #59081 is a reply to message #59058] Mon, 27 October 2003 12:44 Go to previous message
Thiru
are the filesystems owned by 'oracle' ? [[ check the owner of the unmounted partition also ]]

Can you start installing using the CD for Disk1 and then go for the filesystems(Disk2,Disk3..) to continue.I think I did this when I had this type of error.

-Thiru
Previous Topic: drop datafile
Next Topic: Moving p-code of an stored procedure from test server to production server in oracle 8i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:20:37 CDT 2024