Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » view can't be dropped
view can't be dropped [message #58923] Tue, 14 October 2003 05:35 Go to next message
cmn
there is one view i can't do any action(including desc,drop,compile,rename) on it.
Once i act on it,the host is hang.
query the user_objects,the status of the viewsis "valid".
but query the text column of user_views about the views,
there is one column that is not exists on based tables.
As though I drop the based table,I also can't do any action on it.

I am very confused:
1.why the view could be created now that one column was not existed on based table
2.why the status of the indeed invalid view is 'valid
3.why can't do any action on it

any advice for me,thanks!
Re: view can't be dropped [message #58938 is a reply to message #58923] Wed, 15 October 2003 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmn
Now,there is another object(table) I can't do any action on it but can select from it.Once I try to describle,grant it,the machine is hang.Now I think the data dictionary has some fault.

Any Advice For Me,Thanks!
Re: view can't be dropped [message #58945 is a reply to message #58938] Thu, 16 October 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga
Just a guess as I have never seen such behaviour..Have you tried replacing view with 'create or replace view...' using valid column?
Re: view can't be dropped [message #58948 is a reply to message #58945] Thu, 16 October 2003 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmn
I have tried to this command but the host also hang once I issue the command!
thanksŁĄ
I'm afraid there will be more object I can't operate on it.
If the memory in SGA has corrupted,can cause the result?
Re: view can't be dropped [message #58956 is a reply to message #58948] Fri, 17 October 2003 13:03 Go to previous message
Thiru
Did you try bouncing the database ?

IF that doesnt solve the problem, consider doing a patch upgrade which should fix any data dictionary corruption by running the catalog.sql script.

Do you have Oracle support ?

-Thiru
Previous Topic: Oracle Migration
Next Topic: DBWR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:38:41 CDT 2024