Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Help w/ setting up Oracle 9i
Help w/ setting up Oracle 9i [message #58914] Sun, 12 October 2003 18:09 Go to next message
Johnny
I'm a little overwhelmed w/ all the stuff that was placed on my system after installation of oracle 9i. I installed it a few days ago and i've been unable to figure out how to start up the ora90Home service and the so called "Listener." All i'm trying to do is setup a simple database so i can practice creating/altering/accessing tables. I'm running winXP. Please help
Re: Help w/ setting up Oracle 9i [message #58915 is a reply to message #58914] Sun, 12 October 2003 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
if you have created the service already , goto control panel/services to start the oracle serive and listner serrvice. You can alter the properties so that they are autostarted.
if you dont have such services then, create on using oradim.
or
start the database manually.
and listener manually.

Re: Help w/ setting up Oracle 9i [message #58920 is a reply to message #58915] Mon, 13 October 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny
I think the service has already been created and it has been set to automatically start at startup. Even though its listed as auto-start, i get this error whenever i try to connect to the db:

"ORA-12541: TNS:no listener"

When i manually start the service i get:

"Could not start the ORacleOracleHomeTNSListener service on Local Computer. Eror3: The System cannot find the path specified."

I was able to connect to the db through dos by performing the following commands:

c:> set oracle_sid=<YOUR_DB_SID_VALUE_HERE>
c:> sqlplus /nolog
SQL> connect scott/tiger

That allowed me to create/modify tables, but i would like to have it setup so that i could use OEM to perform those tasks. Please let me know what i must do to fix my problem. Thank you for your help
Re: Help w/ setting up Oracle 9i [message #58927 is a reply to message #58920] Tue, 14 October 2003 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
lsnrctl is available in $ORACLE_HOME/bin.
add this to your path. you must be all set.
Re: Help w/ setting up Oracle 9i [message #60216 is a reply to message #58927] Sat, 24 January 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dewayne
Is there a specific guideline for setting up Oracle 9I? I keep getting a 12560 error code, and after I fix the problem I get an error message stating there is no listner.
Re: Help w/ setting up Oracle 9i [message #60217 is a reply to message #60216] Sat, 24 January 2004 05:14 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
did u start the listener?
Previous Topic: Setting Password for Intelligent Agent on 9i
Next Topic: changing tablesapce of tables &urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:17:56 CDT 2024