Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How to replicate db on two diff. platforms??
How to replicate db on two diff. platforms?? [message #58724] Sat, 27 September 2003 01:17 Go to next message
sachin kumar gupta
Hi all,

I m having Windows 2000 Server with Oracle 9i Db. We r planning to replicate the same database one one of the Linux machine.

We want that any online changes in Windows based db should also be reflected to the Linux based db.

I m new in DBA field. What should I use RAC/mirroring/etc.....??

& what are all steps ??

Any help highly appreciated.

TIA,
Sachin
Re: How to replicate db on two diff. platforms?? [message #58727 is a reply to message #58724] Sat, 27 September 2003 07:25 Go to previous message
Thiru
Sachin,
You CANNOT have Standby Database/Data Gaurd/mirroring etc across two completely different platforms.

Is this a one time migration ? or do you want to replicate data on an ongoing basis ?

If its a one time migration, just export the database from Windows ,create a new database in Linux and import from the export dump.

If you want an ongoing replication across two completely different OS, you can make use of ORacle replication to selectively replicate the data across the tables. Refer to doc for how to setup this. I think you just want Read only replication(ie unidirectional from Windows --> Linux )

HTH
Thiru
Previous Topic: Re: ORA-03113 end of file on communication channel
Next Topic: Formatting query result set.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:48:12 CDT 2024