Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How to automate the export in OEM??
How to automate the export in OEM?? [message #58693] Fri, 26 September 2003 01:59 Go to next message
sachin kumar gupta
Hi,
I am automating the export from OEM in Windows 2000 Professional(Oracle 9.0.1.1.1), but getting Authentication Error.

Any help highly appreciated.

TIA,
Sachin
Re: How to automate the export in OEM?? [message #58700 is a reply to message #58693] Fri, 26 September 2003 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Sachin,
Whom are you logging in as into OEM console ? Try sysman.
Secondly, you will need to have set the Preferred credentials for the node,database for that database in OEM. You will need to choose a DBA user for the database and 'Oracle' (or the administrator user who owns the installation) for the node.
Third, You should have granted 'Logon as Batch job' privilege to the Windows account(eg ORACLE) and this user should preferably be a local account(ie domain accounts may be troublesome).

-Thiru
Re: How to automate the export in OEM?? [message #58721 is a reply to message #58700] Fri, 26 September 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sachin kumar gupta
Thanx Thiru!! But I have one more problem. Export job was done successfully on the server machine_(Oracle 9.0.1.1.1 on Windows 2000 Server), but when I am trying to export on my n/w account(used map network drive with full access), i m getting following error message:
Exp-00028: failed to open F:ExportExport.log for write.
Exp-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully.

My target is to automate the exporting on local server as well as one of my remote account for safety.

TIA,
Sachin
Re: How to automate the export in OEM?? [message #58728 is a reply to message #58721] Sat, 27 September 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Where are you generating the export log file ? As the network account,can you write to F:Export ?

BTW,isnt it easier/more efficient to generate the export dumps locally and then copy the backup files to the network share , instead of doing the exports twice !?

-Thiru
Re: How to automate the export in OEM?? [message #58729 is a reply to message #58728] Sat, 27 September 2003 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sachin kumar gupta
Hi Thiru,
I didn't set any export log file destination specifically, but I think automatically it is trying to generate the log file on F:Export...
Also I can copy/delete any .dmp file to my n/w account. But while exporting to the remote m/c only it is giving error.
I don't want to copy the exported file daily to remote m/c(very time comsuming). That's why I am exporting the db to remote m/c.

TIA,
Sachin
Re: How to automate the export in OEM?? [message #58749 is a reply to message #58729] Mon, 29 September 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Sachin,
I dont know about your environment, but if you are already making a local export dump, then copying that file to the network share is bound to be MUCH FASTER than doing the remote export all over again across the network.

-Thiru
Re: How to automate the export in OEM?? [message #58788 is a reply to message #58749] Tue, 30 September 2003 11:20 Go to previous message
sachin kumar gupta
That's what I did!!

Thanx a lot,
Sachin
Previous Topic: Oracle 9i needs startup each time
Next Topic: DB_LINK not active
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:45:16 CDT 2024