Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Server Maintenance Fee
Oracle Server Maintenance Fee [message #58668] Thu, 25 September 2003 05:58 Go to next message
S.A
Hi all,

Can anyone provide me answers to the following:

- Yearly maintenance fee for Oracle Maintenance fee
- Any notification from Oracle to client in relation to when the payment is due
- Consequencies of not paying the maitenance fee on time.
- Any trade off for upgrade from 8i named user license (perpertual) to 9i

Any help on the above will be appreciated.

Regards.
Re: Oracle Server Maintenance Fee [message #58674 is a reply to message #58668] Thu, 25 September 2003 07:49 Go to previous message
Thiru
Suraj,
I dont speak for Oracle, just my thoughts

Yearly maintenance fee is based on Server licensing price,type of support(Silver,Gold etc), consolidation discounts etc
it depends on your Oracle tech support Manager. But ultimately its your responsibility to keep track of your licenses,support renewals etc.
If you dont pay the maintenance fee on time,your support may lapse.But again ,it depends on your relation with Oracle.They might be able to restitute the support for a fee(back dated) or free(depends on situation).
Yes,Oracle will convert your existing valid licenses to its equivalent supported licensing structure .ie you dont completely loose your existing licenses's worth.

For the Best and Correct advice,you will need to contact your local Oracle license manager. But we have had some bad experiences and had to fight our way through to save tons of money.

HTH
Thiru
Previous Topic: Oracle parameters
Next Topic: RollBack Segments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:51:15 CDT 2024