Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Create a new user with no rights to see others table, pl/sql, etc...
Create a new user with no rights to see others table, pl/sql, etc... [message #57009] Wed, 14 May 2003 04:14 Go to next message
John Cokoulou
Okey my problem is this,

I ve a database server with some users (tables), packages, bodies of some pl/sqls etc...

And now I m forced to create a new user for some students, I dont want this students to see others users tables, packages, bodies (pl/sql) etc (by using TOAD or Scheme manager or sqlplus, ... ) ?

How shall I do ?

Is there anything to think of, like change the system/manager password etc ?

thanks for all helpppppp!
Re: Create a new user with no rights to see others table, pl/sql, etc... [message #57010 is a reply to message #57009] Wed, 14 May 2003 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Simply create the users with the appropriate tablespaces and only the connect and resource roles. This way, the users you created have only access to their own objects and the publicly accessible objects (like public synonyms....).

This mechanism works the same whether you connect through SQL*Plus, TOAD or whatever...

A change of password of system (which should never be the default (MANAGER) anyway, but you have changed it already...right?) isn't necessary if they don't know it already.

MHE
Re: Create a new user with no rights to see others table, pl/sql, etc... [message #57015 is a reply to message #57009] Wed, 14 May 2003 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Cokoulou
Okey, thanks for your help. I ve not created the user, but hope it will work.

I ve another question about the pl/sql wrap function. To compile the plain pl/sql code with the wrapper util.

How do I do ?
first I wrap the code and then ? how do I send it to my database? do I use the sqlplus and type what ? is it just as include all sql files like
>@mytables.sql
but in this case for the wrapped file ?

Do I only wrapp the pl/sql function and not the header.

Thank you again for all help!

BR
J Cokoulou
Re: Create a new user with no rights to see others table, pl/sql, etc... [message #57018 is a reply to message #57015] Thu, 15 May 2003 00:42 Go to previous message
Maaher
The wrapper ($ORACLE_HOME/bin/Wrap80.exe (in my NT client (8i)) is a dos program which transfers a readable SQL script into a wrapped script. This wrapped output script can be run against the database like any other script like you thought. Be careful when using different DB versions. The wrapper versions can differ too.

MHE
Previous Topic: How will i move my control files?
Next Topic: how many concurrent users??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:21:05 CDT 2024