Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Accessing Oracle from Visual Basic -- HELP!
Accessing Oracle from Visual Basic -- HELP! [message #56172] Tue, 11 March 2003 00:12 Go to next message
Joy
I have developed a Visual Basic program which uses ADODB to connect to and access a MS-Access database. Now, I wish to switch over to Oracle 8i server and use it as the database instead of MS-Access. I will need to connect to the Oracle server over LAN and manipulate my tables using SQL*Net. Could anyone please advise what steps should I follow to easily make the switch over?
Re: Accessing Oracle from Visual Basic -- HELP! [message #56234 is a reply to message #56172] Thu, 13 March 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garouppa
add microssoft ADO 2.5 or better to your VB project, and read the following code

Dim cn As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rec1 As ADODB.Recordset
username="myoracleuser"
password="myoraclepassword"
cn.Provider = "MSDAORA.1"
cn.ConnectionString = "MSDAORA.1;Password=" & PassWord & ";User ID=" & UserName & ";Data Source=" & Serveur & ";Persist Security Info=True"
cn.Open cn.ConnectionString, UserName, PassWord

Set rec1 = cn.Execute("select stuff from table")
while not rec1.eof
rec1.movenext
wend
rec1.close
cn.close
Re: Accessing Oracle from Visual Basic -- HELP! [message #56236 is a reply to message #56172] Thu, 13 March 2003 06:01 Go to previous message
Garouppa
add microssoft ADO 2.5 or better to your VB project, and read the following code

Dim cn As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rec1 As ADODB.Recordset
username="myoracleuser"
password="myoraclepassword"
cn.Provider = "MSDAORA.1"
cn.ConnectionString = "MSDAORA.1;Password=" & PassWord & ";User ID=" & UserName & ";Data Source=" & Serveur & ";Persist Security Info=True"
cn.Open cn.ConnectionString, UserName, PassWord

Set rec1 = cn.Execute("select stuff from table")
while not rec1.eof
rec1.movenext
wend
rec1.close
cn.close
Previous Topic: Is it logical........?
Next Topic: TEMPorary tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:26:59 CDT 2024