Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » listener errors on start
listener errors on start [message #56144] Fri, 07 March 2003 14:22 Go to next message
psmyth
I am patching an 8170 db to 8174.

i have installed a new oracle_home for the 8174 installation.

the listener is now failing.

I am running on solaris 8.

the error is:oracle@/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7.4/bin> lsnrctl stat

LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 8.1.7.4.0 - Production on 07-MAR-2003 20:13:11

(c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

ld.so.1: lsnrctl: fatal: relocation error: file lsnrctl: symbol nlepeget: referenced symbol not found
Killed

the only references to this issue in metalink relate to multiple oracle_home's on microsoft environments.

This is a unix environment.

we have executed the upgrade in exactly the same way on a staging system with no issues.

I have logged an iTar with Oracle, but they are not responding very quickly, so I thought I might ask you guys....

The upgrade is successful in every other way.

But I need the listener to be functional ;-)

has anyone seen this one before?

rgds
paul
Re: listener errors on start [message #56145 is a reply to message #56144] Fri, 07 March 2003 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
did you try relinking the executable?
Re: listener errors on start [message #56149 is a reply to message #56144] Fri, 07 March 2003 17:25 Go to previous message
psmyth
mea culpa...

i hadn't updated the 'oracle' .profile with the new ORACLE_HOME when i tried to restart the listener... that was a later step in the upgrade plan, but I got bored and decided to play with the listener early. I figured that 'oraenv' would point everything to the new ORACLE_HOME, but it missed out the LD library path.

Once I amended the reference to ORACLE_HOME in .profile and logged in again, it all worked.

A whole heap of excitement over nothing ;-)
Previous Topic: 9i install on XP
Next Topic: Difference between Oracle 9 i and Oracle 11 i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:24:03 CDT 2024