Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » What scripts/statements I need to analyse performance of a database?
What scripts/statements I need to analyse performance of a database? [message #55590] Mon, 03 February 2003 03:13 Go to next message
Sascha
I had a lot of databases running under 8.0.5. and 8.1.7.4.

Now I want to check the performance of the 8.0.5. databases, but I don't know how...

Have anybody an idea or select statements that show me "bad" things to the performance of the databases in use?

regards
Sascha
Re: What scripts/statements I need to analyse performance of a database? [message #55600 is a reply to message #55590] Mon, 03 February 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
run utlbstat and utlestat
Re: What scripts/statements I need to analyse performance of a database? [message #55605 is a reply to message #55590] Tue, 04 February 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manish Deshmukh
Hello
For judging the performance u need to run two scripts
utlbstat and utlestat.The utlbstat script is the beginning script and utlestat is the ending script/u need to run utlestat after atleast an hour or two after ur beginning script to get the exact performance results.Both the scripts should be run when there is
optimum usage of the databse.These scripts can be run from svrmgrl prompt.After u run the utlestat script
which is the ednding script,it will generate an report.txt file which contains all the statistics regrding ur database,u can see the contents of the dynamic views which are generated by this script and take the necessary action.
Manish
Re: What scripts/statements I need to analyse performance of a database? [message #55609 is a reply to message #55605] Tue, 04 February 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
psmyth
Its worthwhile having a look into Oracle StatsPack - its along the same lines of estat/bstat, but there's a lot more to it. Check the Oracle Press books by Don Burleson (High Performance Tuning with STATSPACK).

Have a look at his website for more info (www.dba-oracle.com).
Re: What scripts/statements I need to analyse performance of a database? [message #55612 is a reply to message #55605] Tue, 04 February 2003 06:25 Go to previous message
psmyth
good point... it appears applicable to only 8.1.6 and beyond. I don't manage any earlier versions of the RDBMS at this time, so I missed that one.

Sorry for the confusion!

You could try and get hold of a tool such as Quests 'Spotlight' which will give you a pretty gui view of whats going on in the database. But its quite expensive... you might be able to get a 30-day trial from www.quest.com.
Previous Topic: Oracle 7.3.4 on Windows 2000 Server
Next Topic: Where is dbora? My database won't start automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:25:41 CDT 2024