Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Error while running root.sh
Error while running root.sh [message #55366] Tue, 21 January 2003 04:27 Go to next message
Mauricio de Andrade Ramos
Hi, I am trying to install Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) in my Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1 and everything went fine from installing to linking it. But when itīs asked me to run root.sh as root it gives me an error while trying to install LSSV. Itīs an dependency error with libncurses.so.4. orclclnt-nw_lssv.Build.71-1 needs this file I mentioned.

Is the installation of my OS with problems? I am not sure if this (libncurses.so.4) should be installed with the OS or if Oracle installs it! After that, I decided to ignore this error and tried to continue with the installation but dbca gives me an error. I donīt think itīs related with LSSV but I would like to make sure is thatīs nothing wrong with the installation!

Can anyone help solve this problem? Thanks!
Re: Error while running root.sh [message #55367 is a reply to message #55366] Tue, 21 January 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
is your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH included with /usr/lib
Re: Error while running root.sh [message #55372 is a reply to message #55367] Tue, 21 January 2003 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
NO.
it needs to be there..
ur issue is wierd..im looking into it.
anyhow,
just check alll the variables.
can you post the exact error message?
Re: Error while running root.sh [message #55374 is a reply to message #55367] Tue, 21 January 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, thanks for your replies! My .bash_profile is as follow:

# **********************
# * ORACLE ENVIRONMENT *
# **********************
export ORACLE_SID=orcl
export ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/9.2.0
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
export NLS_LANG="BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE_BRAZIL.WE8ISO8859P1"
export ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
export ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
export ORACLE_TERM=xterm
export TNS_ADMIN=$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin
# ***************
# * SEARCH PATH *
# ***************
export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/opt/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bi
n:/usr/local/java/bin:.
# ********************
# * JAVA ENVIRONMENT *
# ********************
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java
export CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip:$ORACLE_HOME/JRE:$ORACLE_HOME/jlib:$ORACLE_
HOME/rdbms/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/network/jlib:.
# ***********
# * DISPLAY *
# ***********
export DISPLAY=localhost.localdomain:0.0
### EOF ###

Iīm using JDK 1.1.8 V3 downloaded from blackdown.org and I also set all kernel parameters as indicated in the install guide but three of them because I couldnīt find(SHMMIN,SHMVMX,SHMSEG). But Iīm sure this wouldnīt mess the installation.

By now I cannot provide you with more details because I canīt access the server rigth now, but this night Iīll try again and copy the exact message and post here tomorrow!

Thatīs all for now, thanks for your help!!
Re: Error while running root.sh [message #55376 is a reply to message #55367] Tue, 21 January 2003 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
But why are u setting your CLASSPATH?
it is not needed.
( and it is supposed to be CLASS_PATH)
anyhow,remove the JAVA ENVIRONMENT settings and try again.
and
do this change too(remove /lib)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

Re: [message #55377 is a reply to message #55367] Tue, 21 January 2003 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Hi
But why are u setting your CLASSPATH?
it is not needed.
( and it is supposed to be CLASS_PATH)
anyhow,remove the JAVA ENVIRONMENT settings and try again.
and
do this change too(remove /lib)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

Re: Error while running root.sh [message #55385 is a reply to message #55366] Wed, 22 January 2003 04:08 Go to previous message
Hello, I was setting CLASSPATH because this sample of .bash_profile was based on another one I found over the internet and is the template .bash_profile for all my Oracle 9i R1 installations on servers running OSīs like Redhat 7.1,7.2 and 7.3. It always worked fine to me. Even two friends of mine installed successfully Oracle 9i R2 in an Advanced Server 2.1 without problems using this same .bash_profile. The error I reported on this forum happened just to me and not to them. I am still working on the cause. Yesterday I could not check the server for the correct messages or for the libraries correctly installed. I hope I can do it today! I took notes of the changes you suggested to me and Iīll try it out! Thanks a lot for the help youīre giving me!!
Previous Topic: Oracle 9i DBA sample questions set
Next Topic: Oracle Installation problem on WIn2k
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:28:31 CDT 2024