Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Access rights to the Dictionary by non-DBA users (Part II)
Access rights to the Dictionary by non-DBA users (Part II) [message #52570] Tue, 30 July 2002 06:32 Go to next message
Cristobal
Hi again,

Thanks for your quick responses, guys, but let me go further :
I have been looking for possible security issues in the part of the dictionary visible by default. More or less I can see that the only sensible information that my customers could get is just the usernames of the other ones ... It's not a problem if I use an internal code instead of the name by itself as a login.

Do you think that it is enough protections for web-hosting environments ? Maybe I should think in creating Virtual Private Databases ? Any experience about that ?

Regards.
Re: Access rights to the Dictionary by non-DBA users (Part II) [message #52572 is a reply to message #52570] Tue, 30 July 2002 07:21 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
the best way to protect codes ( ie..codes against datbases) from web is to make use of stored procedures.
We have implemented same kind of security checkpoint for about 100-150 websites ( intranet and internet).
Just make sure that, any call against the database from the web application web interface is always through a stored procedure and NOT DIRECT SQL CALL is allowed.
Previous Topic: Help! Database hanging (Help!)
Next Topic: Creation of Recovery Catalog and Catalog.log file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:10:28 CDT 2024