Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » please help for install of oracle and d2k !!
please help for install of oracle and d2k !! [message #52307] Sat, 13 July 2002 21:19 Go to next message
Pradeep
Hi all,

yesterday I tried to install personal oracle 8.0.3 and d2k (on win 98) in my home pc, but wasn't able to do that. I faced lot of problems. can someone come forward and help me, please tell me the installation process to follow. I had never installed oracle before.

1. firstly I want to know is it possible to install personal oracle and d2k on the same computer (on win 98). is there diff d2k versions for win NT and win 98.

2. what should i install first, oracle or d2k?

3. in my previous attempt of install, I started with installation of oracle but wasn't able to achieve full install, somewhere in between I received the error and the installation got aborted.

4. then I tried to unistall it using oracle installer but wasn't able to do that. I received this error:
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down,
ORAINT caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.dll
what does it mean?

5. Sine I am unable to unistall it, so now i have no other option but to delete the previous directory of oracle installation, but won't it affect my registry entries, how should I remove registry entries?

6. where should I install d2k, in the same folder where oracle is installed?

7. I had also read somewhere that I would be required to make oracle_home for oracle installation and for d2k installation some developer_home for d2k installation. so please tell me all abt this.

8. Also tell me whether I need to make any other settings probably in tnsnames.ora or something else for connecting to d2k.

Thanks and regards
Pradeep
Re: please help for install of oracle and d2k !! [message #52309 is a reply to message #52307] Sun, 14 July 2002 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sukesh
1. first u remove the folder of oracle and d2k if u installed previously
2. open the registry and remove oracle from hkeylocal_machinesoftwareoracle
3. then u install d2k
4. rename the folder which u just installed d2k
5. reboot the system
6. install oracle
7. reboot the system
8. then copy from the d2k folder where u renamed to the oracle u just installed
9. by doing this u must be very cautios and give no to copying the existing files and folders
10. this time ur d2kbin folder will not be copied. ie the next step
11. copy d2kbin folder to oraclebin folder. here also dont overwrite the existing files. give no
12. try sql plus/form builder/report builder from start menu programs whether it is working
13. if any of the above products did not working dont worry the error message shows thw file name where the error caused
14. copy that particular file name from ur installation cd
15. all the best and hope it will work
16. if not feel free to contact me
Re: please help for install of oracle and d2k !! [message #52645 is a reply to message #52307] Sun, 04 August 2002 10:07 Go to previous message
Pradeep
Thanks suresh,

I have been able to install d2k without any problem now. but now I am not able to connect to my database. actually i was having personal oracle 8.x previously before installing developer 2000(forms 5.0/reports 3.0)

while i am able to run oracle ie sql* plus (sql plus 8.0) without any problem but when i try to connect to database in forms, my system hangs up and I even get no error message.
one more thing now I have got 2 shortcuts for sql plus in my startmenu, one sql plus 8.0 and the other sql plus 3.3 (due to d2k installation). when I try running sql plus 3.3 then it was also not able to connect to the database and it hangs up without showing any error message the same way my forms used to hang up on trying to connect to the database.

please tell me how to rectify this problem.

Thanks and Regards
Pradeep
Previous Topic: oracle
Next Topic: Re: Sun solaris 7/8 exam dumps and notes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:05:44 CDT 2024