Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » snapshot permissions
snapshot permissions [message #52305] Sat, 13 July 2002 11:48 Go to next message
Jhon Bruinsma
Hi, I hope someone can help me with the following replication question.
I created a simple snaphot on Server B (8.1.7). The source (master) table is on Server A (8.1.7). Now my question is: what about the permisions to be set on this snapshot. I would like all users on server B to select the data from the snapshot. But in dba_tables the snapshot is listed like a "table", but in dba_tab_privs there seems to be no reference to the snapshot.
Does anybody (public?) does automatically have permissions on the snapshot.
Or can the dba just simply GRANT SELECT on the snapshot?

Any tip or hint is highly appreciated !!
Thank you !!!
Re: snapshot permissions [message #52306 is a reply to message #52305] Sat, 13 July 2002 12:36 Go to previous message
andrew again
The snapshot is very similar to any other table and you can grant access to any users / public. All you need to remember is that a snapshot EMP will have a table (probably called SNAP$EMP). EMP on the server B would then be "create or replace view EMP as select * from SNAP$EMP".

If simply granting select on the view to users/public doesn't work then you'll need to grant select on SNAP$EMP too. This is what's needed when user X grants select on a table Y to you. You make a view referencing X's table and then grant select on your view to user Z. User X needs to grant select to Z -- or grant with ADMIN to Y.
Previous Topic: Setting DBMS_OUTPUT limit per user
Next Topic: Oracle Support Information.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 21:38:15 CDT 2024