Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Urgent Help needed with Utl file
Urgent Help needed with Utl file [message #50919] Mon, 15 April 2002 05:56 Go to next message
krb
hi,
is it possible to move a file from one directory to another using util_file package. Otherwise how do I achive this within a procedure. I am using NT server
regards
KRB
Re: Urgent Help needed with Utl file [message #50920 is a reply to message #50919] Mon, 15 April 2002 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
Hello KRB,
well as far as moving a file is considered i dont think so that it has corresponding methods associated with it. but yes use the otherway round..create a File in other Directory with the same Filename.. but at that time u will have a Problem with the UTL_FILE_DIR parameter in the Init.ora file...
so check it out Carefully...

Sai
Re: Urgent Help needed with Utl file [message #50922 is a reply to message #50919] Mon, 15 April 2002 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krb
hi thanks for the reply

I have got util_file_dir as * in init file..
even if I replicate the file how will I delete the old file
regards
Bijesh
Re: Urgent Help needed with Utl file [message #52919 is a reply to message #50919] Tue, 20 August 2002 13:23 Go to previous message
ravikumar
Hi,
Probably this info could help
Make your 'utl_file_dir' parameter hold both directory paths .
to do this modify init.ora file
utl_file_dir=c:dir1 , d:dir2;(u can add max of 50 paths)
After this open two file handlers in your package one to read from dir1 and second to write to a file in dir2.If the file in to which u want to write is not available it will create a new file with that name.
Compile the package and execute.
Hope this info should help you to solve
Previous Topic: Trigger for populating created date field
Next Topic: how to Server manager in line mode at win2000 platform?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:15:11 CDT 2024