Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » breaking a single file into multiple file
breaking a single file into multiple file [message #50106] Thu, 28 February 2002 23:57
ajay katoch
hi
i have a problem while generating a report from reports 2.5,my problem is i hv a payroll system ,iam generating the salary slip in pdf format for 2000 employees every month ,earlier we we generating a single pfd file for all the employees and the finance people use to septate this file accordingly.now we hv developed a system through a employee can view his/her salaryslip thru intranet for that we hv to generate individual file for each employee,we hv changed our previous system and now generating individual file thru report write for that we are passing the parameter from FORMS to report and run the report every time system open the report write and process the file and then close the write.this makes the system very slow and it take arround 15 plus hours to process all the salary slip .so what should i do . to reduce the processing time. or is there any methor in report write that generates different file in single processing.Please help me out from this problem.(when i start the processing this swap file size increses accordingly and at the end it becomes arround 700mb )
Previous Topic: Re: Oracle Personal Edition 8i startup password problem
Next Topic: Re: PMON Process Terminated With Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 01:22:45 CDT 2024