Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Location of Alert, log or error file
Location of Alert, log or error file [message #44385] Tue, 02 December 2003 21:20 Go to next message
Reema
Hi All,
Where r the alert, error or log files or Oracle stored. The problme is we have to refresh our materialised using some scripts in our application . Initilayy when the application is started the views are refreshes perfectly fine (I am doing this thru refresh Groups in OEM) . But after some time if I try to refresh the views there status is set to broken and I am not able to refresh it. May be there is overflowing of resources at some end that might be recorded in error file or log file if ORACLE maintains any.
Earlier replies will be appreciated.
Re: Location of Alert, log or error file [message #44388 is a reply to message #44385] Wed, 03 December 2003 03:12 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Check BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST parameter in ur init.ora file to get the location of the alert log file. It will have the reason of error which u r facing additionally u can also check trace files generated by job queue processes (Jnnn) in the same dir.

Give us some details of error message in alert log file, so that we can also see wht is going on at ut site.
Previous Topic: Just Wondered...pls. help!!
Next Topic: how to fix internal error code -600 at database level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:14:08 CDT 2024