Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Locks in Oracle (Oracle 9i)
Locks in Oracle [message #401539] Tue, 05 May 2009 08:15 Go to next message
manoj12
Dear Sir

I have an application being made in VB.net and being acces through ASP.net(i.e through a URL).When I click on the save button in the screen from the front end.A very simple query is being run which hits the database of the delete query and insert query .A row exclusive lock is getting generated on the table for 2 minutes and the browser getting hanged for 2 minutes and after 2 minutes the record is getting saved into the application.In the backend the record is getting inserted and when I do any front end the record first gets deleted and then the record gets inserted into the front end.The browser gets hanged for these two minutes and I have only one table that gets inserted .I have already indexed the table with common rows borrid ,model_id,user_id and year.Actually 2 minutes is a long time to save the record which results in locks into the application screen.
How to overcome the Locks in oracle.?.Can we overcome these locks?

Appreciate your help on the above?.
Re: Locks in Oracle [message #401548 is a reply to message #401539] Tue, 05 May 2009 08:24 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>How to overcome the Locks in oracle
You do not want to do that in first place and it is Oracle's internal mechanism for good.

Do a simple test.
Do a delete followed by insert in sql*plus.
If you can still reproduce the issue , we can look further.
Most probably it has to with your environment (VB/.net etc).

[Updated on: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: configuring undo_retention.
Next Topic: UPDATE query with JOIN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 00:31:43 CDT 2024