Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Urgent help!!! Truncating the Zeros
Urgent help!!! Truncating the Zeros [message #374040] Tue, 22 May 2001 09:05 Go to next message
Sue
Hello,

I am trying to import the data from Xl to oracle .What I usually do is first import the data into Access and than export it to the Oracle.But it does the odd thing by removing the the leading zeros. And since these are the employee Ids.I do not want it to truncate what do I do .I cannot use LPAD sinece emplids are of different datalength and I cannot say which is to be padded and which not to.Any Ideas how to do it.

Note :we donot have SQL LOADER my client did not agree for us to have SQL LOADER.

Thanks
SUe
Re: Urgent help!!! Truncating the Zeros [message #374047 is a reply to message #374040] Tue, 22 May 2001 10:25 Go to previous message
Brent Stayer
I had this problem also......After importing the data into Access, delete all of the records. Change the field types in the empty table in Acess. Import the data again, but import it into the table that you just changed the field types. This has worked for me in the past.
Previous Topic: Permission
Next Topic: Tricky SQL statement - infinite recurstion?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 17:47:20 CDT 2024